Last Updated: May 10, 2021
What Data Do We Collect and Process?
Information users provide directly to us
- Name & Email Address - you may voluntarily provide your name and email address on our Site to request access to Gitsight.
- Feedback - you may voluntarily provide feedback regarding Gitsight or request support from us. This type of communication may include your email address or method of contact, your name, and any other personal information you include within it.
Information users provide directly to us
Our servers and databases automatically collect certain Log Information when you make a request. This information usually includes your IP address, time of request, device/browser information, a universal identifier, and the nature of the request. Your IP address and other log information can be combined with other data to approximate other information about you, including your location when you make the request.
Information we do not collect
We do not collect “sensitive personal information” as defined under the California Consumer Protection Act (the “CCPA”), such as race, ethnicity, or genetic data.
We do not knowingly collect information about children under the age of 13. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 13, and you believe that we have collected your child’s information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
We may use information for the following purposes:
- We use your Name and Email Address:
- To provide you services as agreed in our Terms of Service; and
- With your consent, to contact you about access to Gitsight and to otherwise communicate with you about the Services.
- We use your Feedback and Email Address, in the legitimate interests of developing our Services and providing you with support. We will only use your email address to communicate with you if you initiate contact with us by email.
- We use Log Information in the legitimate interests of tracking issues, debugging, developing our software, and keeping our Services secure.
- We collect and use Report Data solely to cache results, so future searches are faster. With prior consent, we may use Report Data to connect qualified developers with Remotely clients.
- We may use your personal information if it is necessary for security purposes or to investigate possible attempts to harm us or our users.
- We may use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, protect our intellectual property, and enforce our Terms of Service
- We may use your personal information for any other purpose not stated here, with your prior consent.
How Do We Share the Information We Collect?
We may share information with third parties under the following circumstances:
- With your consent - we share your information, if you consent, after letting you know what information will be shared, with whom, and why.
- For legal disclosure - we may disclose information we collect about you to law enforcement if required in response to a valid subpoena, court order, search warrant, a similar government order, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to protect our property or rights, or those of third parties or the public at large.
- Change in control or sale - we may share information if we are involved in a merger, sale, or acquisition of corporate entities or business units. If any such change of ownership happens, we will ensure that it is under terms that preserve the confidentiality of personal information, and we will notify you on our Site or by email before any transfer of your personal information.
- Aggregate, non-personally identifying information - we share certain aggregated, non-personally identifying information with others about how our users, collectively, use our Services.
What Are Your Choices?
Developers may opt out of having their code analyzed by Gitsight by sending an email to email@example.com Developers may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Users may correct any registration information on file with us by logging into their account and modifying their information. You may cancel your registration and delete your account data at any time, though we may keep some portion of your account information on file for legal compliance.
How Do We Keep Your Information Secure?
We use reasonable administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to protect information from improper disclosure. In the event of a data breach that affects personal information, we will act promptly to mitigate the impact of the breach and notify any affected users.
Please be advised that no method of communication on the Internet is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee absolute security.
You may contact us with questions or requests at any time at email@example.com or by mail at:
Remotely Works Inc.
90 Furman Street, Apt N218
Brooklyn NY US, 11201